Saturday, January 22, 2011

One heck of an amazing burger


Today for lunch, my partner and I were running around Santa Fe and we were both very hungry so we decided to treat ourselves to Bob Cat Bite...it's a small little adobe building with the cutest, shortest little counter that has been in business since the 50's.  It was a trading post prior to that, but they are famous for their amazing 10 oz burgers.  Food programs have come here to focus on Bob Cat Bite as one of the best burgers in America on several occasions.  I for one believe them.  http://www.bobcatbite.com/ Today's blog isn't one of those versatile recipe's where I say substitute this or that and make it vegetarian.  This is a pure one-hundred percent beef day.  if you have been to Bob Cat's you know exactly what I mean and what caliber of burger we are talking about.  Two suggestions if you go;  make absolutely certain that your stomach is empty so you can allow yourself the full intensity of the experience including the phenomenal flavors of the meat and second, do cut the 10 oz burger in half unless you have the ability as I do, to pretend I am disengaging my jaws and have that first bite be almost impossible...(but it is possible)...just ask for extra napkins. 

Years ago, when I first experienced Bob Cat Bite, I read the history of the restaurant and also how their burgers are made...they boast using a high quality chuck roast that they fine grind to make their burgers.  Well since we live 45 minutes north of Santa Fe, and the restaurant is on the opposite outer skirts of the Capitol...it's not a quick drive...worth it yes, but I figured I would just grind up some chuck roast in my Kitchen Aid standing mixer using the grinder attachment...I ground the chuck twice and then formed the meat into 10 oz patties that were about two inches tall...just like they do.  I only used salt and pepper on a very hot grill and was pleasantly surprised at the results...It's like the king of burgers as far as I am concerned...the chuck has just enough fat so that when it's all ground together...you have the makings for a mouth watering burger...I mentioned this wasn't an entree for the vegetarian readers...nor is this an entree for the ultra health conscious...

So if you get a hankering for a real good juicy, delicious hamburger that you will not forget...try Bob Cat Bite if you live here...or plan on visiting Northern New Mexico...or make your own burger...it doesn't take rocket science to make an amazingly delectable burger...Whimpy would quiver!...I would like to see what that would look like on his face.  :-0

Yum and drips from the edges of your mouth!

robert

1 comment:

  1. The original restaurant bobcat bite is no longer in business.
    But the owners of that restaurant opened a new restaurant according to Google: (it sounds delicious, wish I could go there and experiance New Mexico again, its been 40+ years. Enjoy.
    https://santafebite.com/index.html

    ReplyDelete