Sunday, February 6, 2011

Spicy spicy pork chops in a flash!


This phenomenal tasting pork chop recipe came to me so long ago, I don't even remember where I got it.  What I do know is that I was intrigued by the ingredients involved such as fresh cilantro, fresh lime, cayenne pepper and fresh garlic...I knew it had to be a winner.  I was also excited about having a fresh new way of preparing pork chops.  Those of us that love the combination of lime and chili peppers will appreciate the explosion of spicy tart flavor that will send your taste buds to culinary heaven.  It is my favorite pork chop recipe and I have tried a lot of em. 

Chili Dusted Pork Chops

1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
4 1/2 lb boneless pork loin chops cut 1 1/4 inches thick
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic minced
finely grated zest of one lime
Juice from one lime
3 tbsp finely chopped cilantro

Preheat oven to 400 degrees
mix all the seasonings in a small bowl
rub the mixture all over both sides of the chops

In a large ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering
Add the pork chops to the pan
Cook over high heat for about one minute on each side just to brown

Now add the garlic, lime zest, lime juice and the cilantro to the skillet making sure to cover the chops with a portion of everything
Roast the chops in the pan in the center of the oven for 12 minutes
Carefully remove from oven and allow to sit in pan an additional 5 minutes

Magnifique x 10!

robert

1 comment: