Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The ultimate brownie


I am far from a vegetarian, but love to eat vegetarian meals.  In face I have three of Molly Katzen's cookbooks.  If you don't recognize her name, her claim to fame is Moosewood Restaurant in Ithaca New York. http://www.moosewoodrestaurant.com/
One of her cookbooks...(I think it's her first written) is simply called Moosewood Cookbook.  No matter what you choose to make out of her cookbooks, everything tastes amazing.  If you don't eat vegetarian at all, her books are a tasty way to get your feet wet...she gets real creative...like ever thought of making a potato crust for your quiche instead of a dough crust? 


Molly's Moosewood Fudge Brownies are sinfully, delectably and utterly the most delicious brownie I have ever eaten.  Healthy...well there are plenty of anti-oxidants in chocolate and according to researchers the chemical that releases in the brain when we are in love is also released when you bite into chocolate...how much healthier than that can you get?  I try to remember those two facts when we eat a scrumptious gooey batch fresh out of the oven.  I can tell that I am going to have to make a batch right now as I review the recipe and begin to salivate...oh cocoa calls me...and I know it calls many of you too.  Enjoy...lets all enjoy ;-0

Moosewood Fudge Brownies

1/2 lb softened butter
Melt 5 oz of unsweetened chocolate...allow to cool
(make sure that this is unsweetened NOT semisweet)
Cream the butter with 1 3/4 cups packed light brown sugar and 5 eggs
Add 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Beat in the melted cooled chocolate and 1 cup flour
Spread into a buttered 9 x 13 baking pan
Bake 20-30 minutes at 350 degrees

Off to the kitchen to make my own batch!

robert

No comments:

Post a Comment